may 11, 2022
Adobe Commerce featured in The Forrester Wave ™: B2C and B2B Commerce Solutions
Strong innovation roadmap and global partner ecosystem shine in latest report.
Forrester Research has released their latest evaluation of the e-commerce platform market in two reports:
- The Forrester WaveTM: B2C Commerce Solutions, Q2 2022
- The Forrester WaveTM: B2B Commerce Solutions, Q2 2022
Adobe Commerce has been named a Strong Performer in both reports:
Highlights from The Forrester WaveTM reports
Forrester recognized significant strengths in Adobe Commerce, including:
- Continued revenue and customer growth since Adobe acquired Magento three years ago. More companies in the Internet Retailer 1000 trust Adobe Commerce to power their e-commerce business.
- Adobe is “one of the few enterprise solutions going to market with a unified B2B and B2C solution in the core product.” This continues to be a differentiator for the market.
- “Adobe’s innovation roadmap is strong – with new offerings with exclusive partners that will bring differentiated capability to Adobe merchants.” In the second half of 2022, Adobe will continue to deliver innovative solutions and integrations to Adobe Experience Cloud.
- Significant improvements in Search & Merchandising. Adobe received the highest score possible thanks to investments in Live Search and Product Recommendations powered by Adobe Sensei.
- Powerful reporting and analytics. Adobe’s rich out-of-the-box configurable dashboards and actionable insights from Magento Business Intelligence received the highest score possible.
- Mature partner ecosystem that includes a mix of boutique specialty players and large system integrators to serve customers with a range of needs around the globe. Thank you Partners!
Adobe Commerce strengths
Adobe received top scores (5 out of 5) in the following categories:
- Commerce experience - Front-end management (Page Builder and PWA developer tools)
- Search and merchandising (Live Search, Product Recommendations)
- Reporting and analytics (Magento Business Intelligence)
- Third-party channels (B2B – Amazon Sales Channel)
- Customer management and service (B2C - Login as customer)
- Digital products and subscriptions (B2C)
- Partner ecosystem
- Product vision (B2B)
- Innovation roadmap (B2B)
- Live customer count
- Product revenue (B2B)
Adobe point of view
Adobe Commerce continues to deliver the most complete and flexible e-commerce platform in the market, empowering merchants to create personalized commerce experiences across touchpoints that support multiple business models, audiences, and markets. Adobe Commerce puts merchants in control with a headless, API-first commerce platform they can extend and integrate with other business systems combined with a rich feature set and business user tools that enable faster time-to-market.
When speaking with customers about the report, highlight the following:
- The criteria from the 2020 to 2022 report changed significantly to favor microservice-oriented architectures that led former Leaders like Salesforce, SAP, and Insite/Optimizely to drop significantly. Adobe, however, maintained strong product vision and innovation roadmap scores for B2B. We expect our position to improve over the coming year as we release new developer tools and extensibility model (App Builder and API Platform), greater integration with Adobe Experience Platform for omnichannel personalization, and expanded B2B Progressive Web App (PWA) capabilities.
- Forrester recognized the investment we have made in commerce experiences and merchandising through functionality like Live Search, Product Recommendations, Progressive Web Apps (PWA), and Amazon Sales Channels, and new partnership-driven offerings like Walmart Fulfillment Technologies and Adobe Payments.
- Our B2B product vision and innovation roadmap scores were only rivaled by one other vendor. Joe Cicman from Forrester said, “Adobe’s innovation roadmap is strong.”
- Forrester warned that microservices-oriented vendors offer incomplete feature sets and supporting services and are best suited to well-resourced and digitally mature firms. Templated SaaS vendors offer less breadth and depth in functionality and were positioned as best for businesses without complex digital strategies. Only Adobe Commerce offers a combination of flexibility and rich features that support merchants with different levels of maturity and complexity.
Download the presentation* with more information on The Forrester Wave ™ reports for commerce.
View a complimentary copy of The Forrester Wave ™: B2C Commerce Solutions, Q2 2022 report